From "Vernier, Dominique (DVernier)" <dvern...@relaystar.com>
Subject RE: Create LogFactory/Log for Log4j and use commons.logging
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:51:16 GMT
Ceki,

I use a stand alone Java app and J2EE applications and the idea was to reuse the same Logger
classes. But I will remove my MyLogger and forget the watch facility...

Thanks
Dominique

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:ceki@qos.ch]
Sent: jeudi 10 juin 2004 12:39
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: Create LogFactory/Log for Log4j and use commons.logging

Hi Dominique,

What a combination. Sigh.

1) DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() should be avoided (except in stand-alone Hava apps)
because it opens a thread which never dies.

2) You don't need to sub class Logger in order to invoke DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch().

3) You should not sub class Logger in the first place as explained in Chapter 8 of "The complete
log4j manual" of which I believe you own a copy.

HTH,

At 11:35 AM 6/10/2004, you wrote:
>In MyLogger I set use DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch() to set a
>Watch
>period.

Ceki Gülcü