From "Rabl, Christian" <cr...@init-ka.de>
Subject FallbackErrorHandler: Empty method body
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:41:05 GMT
I tried to configure a fallback appender in my log4j configuration using
the FallbackErrorHandler class,
and was surprised that not any log event was sent to my fallback
appender.
On debugging my test app I discovered that the implementation of the
method

	void error(String message, Exception e, int errorCode,
LoggingEvent event)

from the Errorhandler interface, which replaces the original appender
with the fallback appender,
was never called.

In the source code of the 1.2.8 distribution I found the following
method with an empty body:

	public  void error(String message)

But that method is called for example twice in
WriterAppender.checkEntryConditions.
I assume the method body should look like that:

	public  void error(String message) {
		error( message, null, 0, null );
	}

Christian Rabl