From <gyoergy.mag...@bhf.ing.com>
Subject AW: JDK compatibility
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:37:37 GMT
We had a similiar problem, when someone unintentionally deployed a newer version of log4j
(1.2.8, but we are still on 1.2.5) as a jar file in the lib directory of a webapplication.
Depending on which application was called first (and thus initialized our environment) sometimes
the newer log4j classes and interfaces where loaded first. When (after that) another application
tried to log, the (older versioned) logger in it's class path couldn't be instantiated because
of a version conflict with the already loaded interfaces of the newer log4j version.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Lutz Michael [mailto:michael.h.lutz@siemens.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 21:22
An: 'Log4J Users List'
Betreff: RE: JDK compatibility

Yoav, thank you very much (as always) for your response.

Unfortunately because of the nature of the error (and possibly because of
the implementation of the MS JVM) we are not getting a stack trace
pinpointing the problem.  The end of the stack trace is vague.

Most of our application runs on a different VM, so because we wrapped Log4j
we are going to just substitute a "dumb" file logger for now when we're
running under J++, this has been deemed an acceptable work-around.  So for
now we're OK.

If we get a better stack trace I'll follow up with the information.

Regards,
Mike