From Bi...@dice.com
Subject RE: Tailing XML file
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:02:25 GMT

your question.

Good Luck.
Bing

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Blake-Knox [mailto:mikebk@knology.net]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 9:52 AM
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: Tailing XML file

I'm generating an XML log file and would like to have chainsaw "tail" it so
I can see the most recent messages.  I can open the file, I can set "scroll
to bottom" but chainsaw refuses to add new entries.

I've tried the log file receiver which has a tail property but I don't seem
to be able to change it to "true", it keeps reverting to "false".

Quite a number of errors are displayed when I "ant chainsaw". I hope this is
normal and the Webstart version behaves the same as described above.

Any advice on how to get this running?

Thanks

Mike Blake-Knox
email: MBlake-Knox@tsystsol.com