From "Perry, Mike" <MPE...@kheaa.com>
Subject Configuration Question
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:06:19 GMT
Hi everyone, please forgive my ignorance for asking the obvious, here is
what I am attempting to do:      We are running the IBM WebSphere
Application Server, v4.0, on an iSeries box.   Our applications will log to
multiple files and utilize the socket appender to send specific errors to
Chainsaw v2.   What I would like to know is, how can I set up Chainsaw V2 on
a client and have the errors reported to Chainsaw from the application
server.   The client will have JDK 1.4 on it.   Does chainsaw have a
configuration file that needs to be modified to communicate with a server?

again please forgive my ignorance, I am brand new to logging and chainsaw.
Any advice or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Perry