From "Stephen Pain" <stephen.p...@db.com>
Subject save filtered events from chainsaw
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:51:08 GMT
Hi all,

I don't think it's currently possible to do this in chainsaw - please correct me if I'm wrong...
I'd like to be able to use chainsaw to filter events, and then save those events to a file,
but ONLY those events that were still visible after the filter was applied.

The reason is that I'm regularly loading 50000+ events into chainsaw, filtering them down
to 100-200 events that encapsulate a particular exception/scenario for further investigation,
and then need to send the relevant info off to someone else so that they can look into it
further.  Sending 50MB files around and asking people to search for the bit they're interested
in is a waste of time when I've already done some preliminary investigation - it would be
much better if I could just send a small, 100% relevant file.

Looking at the code, a change to ChainsawCyclicBufferTableModel + LogPanel to expose the filteredList
directly and then an additional option in FileSaveAction to switch between getEvents and getFilteredEvents
should be sufficient.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Stephen