From Juan José García Lau <jgar...@cuscatlanguate.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw Connection ?
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:23:06 GMT
You just need to:
1. Run your chainsaw program and make a new SocketReceiver to listen in port
4560
2. Define a new appender in you xml or properties file:

Example:
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, CHAINSAW_CLIENT

#appender para Chainsaw, CHAINSAW_CLIENT
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.Port=4560
log4j.appender.CHAINSAW_CLIENT.LocationInfo=true

Cheers,

Juan

-----Original Message-----
From: Luki Handoyo [mailto:locke_1296@yahoo.com]
Sent: Jueves, 09 de Septiembre de 2004 07:17 p.m.
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Chainsaw Connection ?

Dear All,

This is probably a very basic question. Would you please teach me how to
connect Chainsaw to my log? I am currently using the console and log4j.log
file as the log container. I downloaded the Chainsaw a while ago but then I
don't know how to do the rest of it. I'm kind of new in this kind of stuff.

Thank you for your helping me.

I'm wearing:
A Blessed Rustproof +6 Helmet of Brilliance
A Blessed +7 Black Dragon Scale Mail
A pair of Blessed Fireproof +5 Water Walking Boots
A pair of Blessed Rustproof +6 Gauntlets of Strength
A Blessed Fireproof +6 Cloak of Magic Protection
A Blessed +7 Shield of Reflection
The Blessed rustproof +8 Vorpal Blade

HUAHAHAHA... YOU'LL NEVER WIN!