From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Clear open log file?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:52:16 GMT
That's an approach I hadn't thought of either... Now you've got me
thinking :) ...

Keith Hatton wrote:
> Perhaps you could write your own appender (probably based on one of the Rolling appenders)
that 'rolls' to the same file when it receives your 'clear' signal? I imagine that handling
it this way might get round any concurrency issues because you'd be relying on the Log4J framework
(above your appender) to handle them.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect