From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: log4j urgent issues ...Message in System.out
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 04:54:34 GMT
At 09:41 AM 9/14/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Jackob,
>
>Problem resolved,recently I changed the code to get the Root logger from
>category and attached the appender to the log.
>
>so I removed the root logger approach and create the instance from
>category and its ok now..
>
>still I have a query why its going to system.out suppose I create the root
>logger.

Maybe you have more than one appender configured?  Do you have a
ConsoleAppender?  That would direct logging to system.out.  And keep in
mind that loggers inherit appenders unless additivity is set to "false".

I'm still confused about what you are doing.  At one point it seemed you
were talking about a log4j.xml config file, but what little you posted
didn't match up with what a valid log4j.xml config file would look like and
now you talk about programmatically configuring Log4j, which is generally
unnecessary unless you are doing real time configuration, in which case
there are existing utilities you can use to avoid writing any of it
yourself.  Most of the time, you would just set up your config file as
desired and use it.  If you really want more help, you will need to send
your config file.  Your posts are a bit confusing.

Jake