From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: maintaining the Frequently Asked Questions
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:26:01 GMT

As no one is currently maintaining the log4j wiki, it is not really
helping us to create better documentation. On the contrary, it mostly
increases the noise level causing damage to the image of the project.

To give you an example, the main log4j wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j/Log4JProjectPages has been
vandalized over 2 months ago and no one has corrected the problem nor
complained about it.

As far as I can tell, the log4j wiki is a failed experiment. Instead
of replicating the existing documentation, the log4j wiki should be
abandoned, unless we find a volunteer to maintain it.

Do we have such a volunteer?

At 02:55 PM 8/31/2004, Jim Moore wrote:
>Is there any way for users to help maintain the FAQ for log4j?

Yes, there is. You can submit a patch against

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/faq.html

the source file is at

logging-log4j/src/xdocs/faq.xml

where log4j-log4j is the directory where you checked out the
logging-log4j module.

--
Ceki Gülcü