From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject RE: web app using log4j not garbage collected when shutdown with tomcat manager app
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:51:03 GMT

This is just great work! Thanks a lot!

| I then added a call to Introspector.flushCaches() in
| SimpleServlet.destroy() after the call to LogManager.shutdown().  With
| this additional line of code, test case 3 is now successful - the web
| app classes and the tomcat web app class loader are now garbage
| collected.

I guess this should even be done all the way down in the Servlet
Container? I mean, other Servlets might use the bean Introspector too?

Are there any other such "hacks" of this particular class-caching kind
hidden in Java?! Things that you wouldn't think of when doing ClassLoader
manipulation?

Endre