From "Jung, Eric" <Eric.J...@Arbella.com>
Subject RE: [Chainsaw] IP address for SocketReceiver is lost when editbox loses focus
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:13:20 GMT
Thanks, Scott. It wasn't clear to me that "name" is "hostname."

Maybe you could answer another log4j/Chainsaw question, if you have a
moment...do you know the difference between MulticastReceiver and
UDPReceiver? I always thought UDP *is* a type of multicasting. I'm also
looking for sample log4j.xml configurations for appenders corresponding to
MulticastReceiver and UDPReceiver.

Thank you again,
Eric Jung

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:sdeboy@comotivsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 2:42 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: [Chainsaw] IP address for SocketReceiver is lost when editbox
loses focus

You should just need to specify the 'name' and 'port' fields to get a
SocketReceiver to work (unless you're getting ClassNotFoundExceptions -
display the WebStart console and look for exceptions).

socketDetails will show you the connected sockets, which don't exist when
you first create it, and listener is deprecated.

If you are getting classNotFoundExceptions, move the socket appender to the
beginning of your list of appenders, and remove 'locationInfo=true' if it's
set on the socketappender.

Scott