From Francesco Russo <f.ru...@cineca.it>
Subject Re: Need to stop 3rd party library debug log output mixing with mine
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:26:35 GMT
You should set the default level of the root category to an higher level
(WARN or ERROR i.e.), and define your own categories for your own packages.

Francesco

Thomas Forrester wrote:
> Hi
>
> My application uses Log4J 1.2.8 and so does Apache Axis, whose libraries
> I am also using in my application.
> In my Log4j config file I put the following line:
> log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, FileApender
>
> The problem is that I get reams of debug logging statements from the
> axis libraries too.
> Please can someone let me know how to configure, so that I can stop
> receiving the axis debug statements and only receive those from my
> application?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tom

Francesco Russo
CINECA - Interuniversitary Computing Centre
http://www.cineca.it
via Magnanelli, 6/3
40033 Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna) - ITALY
e-mail: f.russo@cineca.it
Phone: +39 051 6171 775