From "Rana, Sarita" <Sarita.R...@BELLSOUTH.COM>
Subject chainsaw and jdk1.4 logging tool
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 21:46:26 GMT
Hey guys,

I am using jdk 1.4 logging tool for logging. Now I need to use chainsaw
in order to analyze my log files.

I don't know where to start and what to do in order to view this log
file through chainsaw.i have downloaded the chainsaw v2 tool. But am
confused how do I set it to take in my jdk1.4 log file and give a GUI
output.

What and where do I need to make changes

Do I need to change my logging.property file? If so how?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sarita Rana
678.728.7953
saritarana@imcingular.com
sarita.rana@bellsouth.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:sdeboy@comotivsystems.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 4:24 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: SMTPAppender only for ERROR and FATAL?

You write the evaluator yourself, include it in your classpath and
specify it in the config file.

Click on the link to TriggeringEventEvaluator in the SMTPAppender
javadoc - that will explain.

OK, here's the link:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/spi/Triggering
EventEvaluator.html

Your evaluator is called each time an event is processed by the appender
to see if the event will trigger the send of the email.

The body of your TriggeringEventEvaluator could have:

return true;

to have SMTPAppender send an email with every event evaluated by the
evaluator.