From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Attempted to append to closed appender
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:29:39 GMT
At 05:12 PM 10/26/2004, you wrote:
>Is a setup like this more appropriate?
>
>log4j.rootLogger=INFO, debug
>log4j.category.org=ERROR
>log4j.category.jsp_servlet=INFO, toolkit
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.messaging=INFO
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.domainlib=WARN
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.commons.web.taglibs=WARN
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.servicelib.mileage=DEBUG
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.commons.net.SocketPool=INFO
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.app.accountsummary=INFO
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.app.fn=INFO
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.registration.admin.logic.ejb=INFO
>log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.servicelib.zipquote=INFO

Yes, that looks better.

>Did this behavior change with 1.2?  We had been using the config I posted
>earlier with no problems for nearly two years.  It seems like upgrading to
>1.2 made this show up.

Do you mean 1.3? Anyway, if my memory serves me correctly, there has been
no change with regards to appender additivity between 1.0 and 1.1, nor
between 1.1 and 1.2 or 1.3.

Did you recently start using configureAndWatch? If so, you should read this:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&m=107124628800920&w=2

--
Ceki Gülcü

      http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/eclm/