From "Devender Marri" <Deven...@stts.com.sg>
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:00:37 GMT
	Hi All,
	I am getting class not found exception when I am running my application even when the class
path is set properly.

	Symptoms are as follows
	1) After starting the application it is able to log the messages properly
	2) Class not found exception is thrown only when i excecute Naming.rebind code

	Note: Please take note that it is definitely a class path problem, as some of my codes are
working properly.

	My environment is as follows
	Java - JDK 1.3.1
	Log4j 1.2.8
	O.S Linux 8

	Attached below is part of my log file which will give u a better Idea.

	Thanks in advance for all the help.

	1165 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of subsystems
: 4
	1166 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of subsystems
: 4
	1166 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of subsystems
: 3
	1167 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of subsystems
: 3
	1351 ERROR [main]       amtios.ui.CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI     -
	java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
	        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
	        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
	        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
	        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
	        at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Naming.java:160)
	        at amtios.ui.CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI.main(CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI.java:142)