From "Devender Marri" <Deven...@stts.com.sg>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:41:21 GMT

         Hi David,
         my application works fine if I remove the logging codes, I was wondering if it got
to do anything
         with my java version as I am using jdk1.3.1 and due to some reason I cannot upgrade
this.

         The stack trace and the exception does not tally so do not know how to get thru this
problem.

         It is not all the Naming.rebind codes that fail some get through.

         Thanks david for all the effort.

       -----Original Message-----
From: David Tonhofer, m-plify S.A. [mailto:d.tonhofer@m-plify.com]
Sent: Tue 10/5/2004 5:19 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

	Hmmm.. this looks like the log of the RMI client whereas it is really
	the RMI server that throws the exception. Any additional information?

	--On Tuesday, October 05, 2004 4:00 PM +0800 Devender Marri <Devender@stts.com.sg>
wrote:

	>       Hi All,
	>       I am getting class not found exception when I am running my application even when
the class path is set properly.

	>       Symptoms are as follows
	>       1) After starting the application it is able to log the messages properly
	>       2) Class not found exception is thrown only when i excecute Naming.rebind code
	>
	>       Note: Please take note that it is definitely a class path problem, as some of
my codes are working properly.

	>       My environment is as follows
	>       Java - JDK 1.3.1
	>       Log4j 1.2.8
	>       O.S Linux 8
	>
	>       Attached below is part of my log file which will give u a better Idea.
	>
	>       Thanks in advance for all the help.
	>
	>       1165 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of
subsystems : 4
	>       1166 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of
subsystems : 4
	>       1166 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of
subsystems : 3
	>       1167 DEBUG [main] simios.framework.trn.SysHealthCfgFileData     - Total no of
subsystems : 3
	>       1351 ERROR [main]       amtios.ui.CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI     -
	>       java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
	>               java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
	>       java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
	>               at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)
	>               at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
	>               at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:354)
	>               at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
	>               at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Naming.java:160)
	>               at amtios.ui.CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI.main(CRDN_MGM_ServerMainUI.java:142)

	-- David Tonhofer

	   M-PLIFY S.A.
	   Resp. Informatique
	   47, av. de la Liberté