From "Fenderbosch, Eric" <Eric.Fenderbo...@fedex.com>
Subject Attempted to append to closed appender
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:57:37 GMT
I searched and found a couple threads on this @ Mail Archive, but those configurations were
via XML and we are using log4j.properties.
Same problem as other people, once we change/add a level on the fly, our app server log starts
filling up with
log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [debug]
entries.

# Set root category priority to DEBUG and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, file, toolkit
log4j.category.org=ERROR, file
log4j.category.jsp_servlet=INFO, toolkit, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.messaging=INFO, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.domainlib=WARN, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.commons.web.taglibs=WARN, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.servicelib.mileage=DEBUG, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.commons.net.SocketPool=INFO, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.app.accountsummary=INFO, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.app.fn=INFO, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.registration.admin.logic.ejb=INFO, debug
log4j.category.com.fedex.cc.servicelib.zipquote=INFO, debug

# stdout appender
#log4j.appender.stdout=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
#log4j.appender.stdout.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
#log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

# file appender
log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.File=/opt/bea/user_projects/domains/blue/logs/log4j.log
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=10000KB
log4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=10

A couple other appenders definitions follow, but I don't thing those are important.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.