From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [Chainsaw] IP address for SocketReceiver is lost when editbox loses focus
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 18:41:54 GMT
You should just need to specify the 'name' and 'port' fields to get a SocketReceiver to work
(unless you're getting ClassNotFoundExceptions - display the WebStart console and look for
exceptions).

socketDetails will show you the connected sockets, which don't exist when you first create
it, and listener is deprecated.

If you are getting classNotFoundExceptions, move the socket appender to the beginning of your
list of appenders, and remove 'locationInfo=true' if it's set on the socketappender.

Scott