From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: [Chainsaw] IP address for SocketReceiver is lost when editbox loses focus
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:06:47 GMT
Here is a sample appender config with both udp and multicast appenders.

The appender's machine name is automatically added as a 'hostname' property to each logging
event generated by udp or multicast appenders.

You can set the 'application' param which will also be set as a property on logging events
generated by these appenders.

These properties are useful in identifying events from different sources in Chainsaw.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">
	<appender name="UDP" class="org.apache.log4j.net.UDPAppender">
		<param name="remoteHost" value="machine name or ip here"/>
		<param name="port" value="a port"/>
		<param name="application" value="some app name"/>
		<layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout">
			<param name="LocationInfo" value="true"/>
		</layout>
	</appender>

	<appender name="MULTICAST" class="org.apache.log4j.net.MulticastAppender">
		<param name="remoteHost" value="machine name or ip here"/>
		<param name="port" value="a port"/>
		<param name="timeToLive" value="16"/>
		<param name="application" value="some app name"/>
		<layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout"/>
	</appender>

   <root>
      <level value="debug"/>
      <appender-ref ref="MULTICAST"/>