From "Pramodh Peddi" <ppe...@IMPRIVATA.com>
Subject using MaxBackupIndex with DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:47:33 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to use maxBackupIndex with DailyRollingFileAppender? I
want to rename the daily backed up files using timestamp...but, back up
ONLY last particular number of files - say, 10 files max, like what
RollingFileAppender lets us do.

I figure from the API that I cannot do it, but just wondering if you
have any other ideas.  Other option is using RollingFileAppender, but
get the behavior of DailyRollingFileAppender (back up files daily and
not because of size exceeding - RollingFileAppender does that).

Can I get some help?

Thanks,

Pramodh.

Pramodh Peddi

Software Engineer

v 781-674-2738

f  781-674-2760

www.imprivata.com <http://www.imprivata.com/>

People are talking about OneSign:

"We were spending 35% of our IT time on password-related issues, says
Paula Chesbrough, CIO of Eagle Bank in Everett, Mass. "We've reduced
that workload to 10%."  Network World, 8/9/04
<http://www.imprivata.com/signature2>

"Imprivata Quells Management Burdens"
<http://www.imprivata.com/signature1>

CRN, 8/9/04 <http://www.imprivata.com/signature1>