From "None None" <japp...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Custom levels.
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:30:30 GMT
lol I know about SMTP appender am using it already, but am taking about
create a custom level and send SMTP when that specific level is logged...

I already have a logger setup to send e-mails when "FATAL" errors occur. But
I also want to send e-mail on some specific occasions ;) Like starting and
stopping an application. To do this I need to define a custom level. The
problem is that the samples provided for the custom level dont offer any
explanation on how to implement the logger class. Unless there is a better
way?

>From: "Ivan Jouikov" <ivan@ablogic.net>
>To: "'Log4J Users List'" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: Custom levels.
>Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:53:39 -0700
>
>http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/net/SMTPAppender.html

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.