From "Clark Christensen" <christensen...@ldschurch.org>
Subject Logging to JNDI defined datasource
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:31:27 GMT
Our app currently moves from a development server, to a test/staging server,
a production server. We would like to log each of these app instances to the
corresponding Oracle database.   For a series of political and technical
reasons, keeping separate log4j.properties files on each server for
configuration is not ideal.  We would like to use the JNDI datasources already
defined on each of the servers/clusters, so that moving the ear to the new
server automatically sets the database connection information to match the
rest
of the application.  I have searched long and far on the internet, and can't
find anything that would hint as to how we can point the log4j JDBCAppender at
the datasources our Spring-based app is already using.  Has anyone done
anything
like this?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...

Clark Christensen

This message may contain confidential information, and is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it
is addressed.