From Javier <xle...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Can4t write logs
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:05:40 GMT

> One thing that's "unusual" - using the root logger.
> It's generally
> recommended to use the getLogger method and name
> your loggers with the class
> FQCN, else you lose much of the power of Log4j (see
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html).

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Iīve read the manual but I really donīt
understand this point..

What do you mean with use getLogger with the class.
Which class should I use ? Should I place my
application class name as a parameter to getLogger ?

My application is a little (but powerfull, jeje) class
a file...and only one.

> Q: did you see the console output, and did you not
> see the output in the
> file or did you not find the file?

I see the file but nothing inside. Also, I see nothing
in console output..

thanks in advance
Javier