From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Save Chainsaw State
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 02:42:01 GMT
Here are instructions and a sample xml config file for use with chainsaw.

Change the xml file to define a 'plugin' for each event source you would like to view in Chainsaw
- socket, file, etc.  You can define as many receiver plugins as you'd like (this example
will load a jboss log file).

Let us know if you have further questions...

Directions

Inside Chainsaw, select:
view-show application wide preferences
- enter the URL of this chainsaw.xml in the 'automatic configuration
URL' field (for example: file:///c:/downloads/chainsaw-jboss.xml)
- restart chainsaw

chainsaw-jboss.xml.xml:
------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="true">

   <plugin name="logFileReceiver" class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
     <param name="fileURL" value="file:///c:/downloads/jboss/server/default/log/server.log"
/>
     <param name="timestampFormat" value="HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
     <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL [LOGGER] MESSAGE"/>
     <param name="name" value="jboss-log-file" />
     <param name="tailing" value="true" />
   </plugin>

   <root>
      <level value="debug"/>