From "Robert Vaessen" <robert.vaes...@intepoint.com>
Subject Chainsaw Configuration
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:07:02 GMT
Hello,

            I am currently configuring my Chainsaw receivers via the
"You have no Receivers defined." dialog that pops up when Chainsaw
starts. I have seen the "example Receiver configuration" on Chainsaw's
Welcome tab and from it infer that I can place a configuration file
somewhere and have Chainsaw load it. But, try as I may, I cannot
discover how to do this. I know how to do it with Log4j, but I am
confused with regards to system options and class paths when it comes to
Java Web Start (which is how I am running Chainsaw).

            So, my questions are:

            1) With what name and in what location can I create a
Chainsaw configuration file?

            2) Can I, as the example implies, configure Chainsaw's
internal logging system via this file? More specifically, can I
configure a Rolling File Appender that aggregates the logging events
from all of my remote appenders.

Best Regards,

Robert Vaessen