From Curt Arnold <carn...@houston.rr.com>
Subject Re: logging to different files
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:06:46 GMT

On Mar 2, 2005, at 3:32 PM, ron wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to set log4j under tomcat to log certain java packages to
> certain logs. My properties file is:
> ----------

> ---------
> I would want all the "net.tutim.*" classes to log to T.
> but they log to R.
> Can someone help me with that?
>
> Cheers,
> Ron

 From my quick reading, it looks like INFO and higher logging requests
would go to both R and T (maybe twice) and DEBUG messages would only go
to T.  Unless you specify additivity=false for a logger, the message is
also processed by appenders attached lower in the hierarchy.  If this
isn't what you are seeing, ignore this message.

If my analysis does describe what you are seeing, read
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html and search for
"Appender additivity and add a:

log4j.additivity.net.tutim=false

to your config file.