From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Log4J PatternLayout
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:35:40 GMT

Yes, this is normal. (Log4j is just following what the JVM says the
currently executing class is.)

Have you considered using naming your loggers after the class where they
are located? In that case, the logger name will match the class name. As an
initial consequence, you won't need the C converter at all. Second, if you
also use per instance loggers instead of static ones, then the problem you
are observing will go away. This was previously discussed several times on
this list in some detail.

HTH,

--
Ceki Gülcü