From "Brian McGovern" <bmcgov...@imediainc.com>
Subject RE: Can i alter DEBUG settings
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:53:15 GMT
This is my log 4j properties file
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, nycbbuilderlog
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog.File=${catalina.home}/logs/catalina.out
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog.MaxFileSize=10000KB
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog.MaxBackupIndex=2
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.nycbbuilderlog.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%d{MM-dd-yyyy@HH:mm:ss,SSS}] -
%m%n

I want to filter out that repetative stuff in the previous thread.  Id like to be able to
see the logs about request repsponse behaviour, but loggin 5000 lines in a logger for every
bean servlet I process is too much.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Stauffer [mailto:stauffer.james@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:46 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Can i alter DEBUG settings

Brian McGovern <bmcgovern@imediainc.com> wrote:
> There are upwards of 400 beans being processed at a time.  So I want to still use the
DEBUG setting but am looking for a way to streamline what it prints out?  I don't want to
use ERROR.

There is most likely a way to filter what you get.  You can filter by
level and catagory.  What do you want and what don't you want?  And
what are the levels and catagories of the the logs in question?

--
James Stauffer
http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/