From Hein Meling <mel...@acm.org>
Subject Late file creation option
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 14:24:30 GMT
Hi list,

Is it possible to configure the FileAppender to not create a log file
until it actually has something to be logged to the specified file?

I have three different FileAppenders in my configuration, all configured
a little differently.  However, some of my applications only log to one
of these files, but still creates an empty file for the appenders that
are not being used.

Note that I don't want to maintain multiple log4j configuration files,
one for each application since they would contained a lot of redundancy.

I'm using log4j-1.3alpha3.

Thanks,

Hein