From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 12:43:05 GMT

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

>Hi Curt,
>
>following your answer I have downloaded logging-chainsaw, read the install instructions.
It told me to use log4g 1.3 . Thus, I downloaded log4j1.3alpha6.tar.gz and tried to build
it.
>After some progress, I am still unsuccessfull, and read in a post you did that the alpha
version is only for those who want to live on the edge. I don't.

>Can you please instruct me about how to download and install chainsaw ? Also, as I would
like to use it on a sub-network that his not connected to the Internet, is there any release
somewhere that I can download, transfer on this network and then use for installation off
-line ?

Why not use the Webstart version?
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsawWebStart.jnlp

If you have Java 1.4 installed, it'll self install from this link.

cheers,

Paul Smith