From Lutz Michael <michael.h.l...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: **SPAM** RE: Log4J - log aggregation
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 17:36:46 GMT

XpoLog can also bring together data with different formats (columns
definitions are different).
XpoLog is web-based - giving access to the enterprise without direct access
to the drives upon which the log content is stored.
And ... XpoLog can filter data and export to various formats.
XpoLog also supports a very wide range of encodings.

We extensively tested XpoLog, Chainsaw, and about 11 other "log viewers" and
the functionality of XpoLog far exceeds any log viewer on the market,
open-source or commercial.

We find Chainsaw to be optimal for developers, XpoLog optimal for production
settings such as data-centers.

No offense intended - these were just our findings.  The benefit of Chainsaw
of course is that it's free.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Deboy [mailto:sdeboy@comotivsystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 10:38 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: **SPAM** RE: Log4J - log aggregation

Log4j doesn't have an NT event log receiver, but it does have
LogFilePatternReceiver, which can be used to read syslog messages, IIS logs,
etc.

You could use Chainsaw V2 configured with these various receivers to see the
events.  The events may end up in separate tabs, depending on what you have
set as your 'tab identifier'.

Even if you have Chainsaw configured to use the default tab identifier
(events for each file are displaying in their own tab), use the 'view-create
custom expression log panel' to combine events from these separate tabs into
a single tab.

Hope this helps

Scott