From "GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE" <anne.gerodo...@francetelecom.com>
Subject RE: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 16:49:48 GMT
Thank you !

Last time I visited the chainsaw doc page there was an "install-chainsaw.xml" file that first
required a connection to the Internet and secondly required to have log4j 1.3 oro etc... installed.

Regards,

Anne

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Paul Smith [mailto:psmith@aconex.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 4 mai 2005 12:51
À : Log4J Users List
Objet : Re: target 'chainsaw' does not exist in this project

Then try the link just below that one on the Chainsaw page:

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsaw-bundle.zip

Paul

GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The reason why I don't want to use JNLP is : I would like to install chainsaw on machines
that have no access to the Internet. The only mean I can use to install something on this
machine is using scp. I guess I can't use java web start in this case.

>cheers,
>
>Anne

It told me to use log4g 1.3 . Thus, I downloaded log4j1.3alpha6.tar.gz and tried to build
it.
>>After some progress, I am still unsuccessfull, and read in a post you did that the
alpha version is only for those who want to live on the edge. I don't.

>>Can you please instruct me about how to download and install chainsaw ? Also, as I
would like to use it on a sub-network that his not connected to the Internet, is there any
release somewhere that I can download, transfer on this network and then use for installation
off -line ?