From "Juan Jose Garcia Lau" <jgar...@cuscatlanguate.com>
Subject RE: log4j 1.3 update needed...
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 20:57:06 GMT
Best regards developers:

I agree with Hein, in the next release, please make an option to turn
off the log4j internal output log.

Thanks,

Juan

-----Original Message-----
From: Hein Meling [mailto:meling@acm.org]
Sent: Domingo, 08 de Mayo de 2005 03:12 p.m.
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: log4j 1.3 update needed...

Dear log4j developers.

I would really like to encourage you to release a new 1.3 alpha7 or
beta1 something ASAP, as alpha6 has been out there for too long without
any updates; and I don't want to spend my time trying to compile a cvs
version, since it does not appear to be straight forward with maven or
some other simple means (that is, I don't want to hunt the net for jar
files...)

In particular, I find alpha6 quite useless with all its log4j internal
log output polluting the output, similar to this:

log4j:INFO Creating new logger [jgroup.util.log.Eventlogger] in
repository [default].

Maybe its possible to turn them off; (have only seen messages on the
list stating otherwise)...

Thanks,

Hein