From "Aron Bock" <aronb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j logging under Tomcat5 (was Re: Multiple Projects Using Same Logger)
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 03:56:23 GMT

>web apps!  I now think the more sane explanation is that I was hasty in my
>offhand reporting, and that the "ton" of output I saw was from JSF, not
>Tomcat.  That would make a little more sense, because all JSF jars are in
>WEB-INF/lib of the webapp.  And, again, as mentioned, JSF was in the mix
>when I noticed the same kind of copious output under Sun Web Server.
>
>I should set root logger to DEBUG and look more closely at the output.

FWIW, it seems that verbose output I saw was indeed from JSF; I've appended
a couple lines below.  There's also output from "Digester", so I assume JSF
uses that framework to work with faces-config.xml, et al.  Cute!

Anyway, all this just goes to show I should leave the root logger well
enough alone.

Regards,

--A

[http8080-Processor24] DEBUG com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener -
addRenderer(javax.faces.SelectMany,javax.faces.Listbox,com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.ListboxRenderer)
[http8080-Processor24] DEBUG com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener -
addRenderer(javax.faces.SelectMany,javax.faces.Menu,com.sun.faces.renderkit.html_basic.MenuRenderer)