From Endre Stølsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Release of log4j version 1.2.10
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 09:33:02 GMT
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

| Log4j developers are proud to announce the availability of log4j
| version 1.2.10. This version adds native support for SLF4J, along with
| a minor bug fix. The Simple Logging Facade for Java or (SLF4J) is
| intended to serve as a simple facade for various logging APIs allowing
| to the end-user to plug in the desired implementation at deployment
| time. For more details about SLF4J, see
|
|    http://www.slf4j.org
|
| You can download log4j version 1.2.10 at
|
|    http://logging.apache.org/site/binindex.html

Fantastic.

So the trace-level does NOT get in the 1.2 branch, where NO NEW
DEVELOPMENT should enter, but this TOTALLY new SLF4j thing, ramled
together in very short time, (which I do know is "UGLI MkII") gets _thrown
in_ and released even w/o any vote, by the totalitarian ruler of log4j???

What the .... is happening, really?

<bad rant>Someone just gotta fork this piece of code now, and get some
actual new releases with features that people actually seek.</bad rant>

Regards,
Endre.