From "Balaji Saranathan" <balaji.saranat...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Clarification
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:05:49 GMT

But isnt this configuring through the code? I want to configure the
FileAppender from the log4j.properties file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinodh Srinivasasainagendra [mailto:vinodh@uab.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:01 PM
To: 'Log4J Users List'
Subject: RE: Clarification

See the attached code,

// Set FileAppender

            SimpleLayout layout = new SimpleLayout();

            String fileName = new
File(backupDir.getParent(),"error.log").getAbsolutePath();

            FileAppender appender = new FileAppender(layout,
fileName,true);

logger.addAppender(appender);

            logger.setLevel((Level) Level.FATAL);

            Date date = new Date(System.currentTimeMillis());

            logger.fatal(date.toString());

            logger.fatal(message);

Note:

Make sure you give the parent dir to the log file properly.

~vinodh