From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject V1.2.8: RollingFileAppender "missing" log file numbers?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:17:40 GMT
We're seeing an odd problem with the RollingFileAppender, perhaps when
we're pushing it pretty hard.  At the end of the day sometimes we look
at the directory where the log files are stored, and it appears that
some of the log file numbers are missing.  It isn't just that it wrote
it out with the wrong name, that content is really missing.  The gaps in
log entry times indicate those missing file names would have contained
the missing content.

Is there anything that could explain this?  Is there something we can do
to mitigate the problem?

We're using the Log4J that's embedded in WebLogic 8.1, so it would be
awkward (impossible?) to upgrade to a newer release to solve this
problem.  It's concievable we could use a different appender, however,
if it didn't depend on a newer release of log4j.