From "Esher, Marc \(4-7260\)" <mes...@argusgroupinc.com>
Subject RE: Query for SMTP Appender
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:04:39 GMT
Mind if I ask how you're changing the subject on the fly? Is this part
of your custom appender, or is there an easier way?

-----Original Message-----
From: utpal [mailto:shasane_utpal@extenprise.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 7:59 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Query for SMTP Appender

Hi
I am using web based application. I am using log4j.properties file as :

log4j.rootCategory=debug,R,EMAIL

log4j.appender.EMAIL=org.apache.log4j.net.CSMTPAppender
log4j.appender.EMAIL.BufferSize=1000
log4j.appender.EMAIL.SMTPHost=dns.extenprise.net
log4j.appender.EMAIL.From=shasane_utpal@extenprise.net
log4j.appender.EMAIL.Subject=TrackException : %s
log4j.appender.EMAIL.To=shasane_utpal@extenprise.net
log4j.appender.EMAIL.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.EMAIL.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%c] %-5p %m%n

log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.R.File=/usr/fileRepository/LogFiles/cstreamer444.log
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] [%c] [%-5p] - %m%n

Now whenever exception in any JSP or Java class is thrown I got email
which include
these bunch of exceptions form JSPs and Java classes.

Can I set SMTP Appender to get each exception seperately from mail? or
Can I set it to get Exceptions
from single JSP or Single Java class in a single mail?

This I need bcoz I am setting dynamic subject each time which append
class name (in which exception is generated) to subject.

Thanks,
Utpal