From bill-lo...@carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter)
Subject RE: Security Manager and log4j
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:21:54 GMT
mk> As my webhoster uses a security-manager I am looking for the
mk> correct permissions to set for using logging.  Sure there has to
mk> be something allowed as I want to write to a file.

Because log4j code for the most part does not use doPrivileged
wrappers, you'll likely have to give the same permissions to
everything up the call stack from the log4j calls that you're trying
to enable.  (If you turn on security manager debugging, you'll
generally get pretty good clues about what fails.  Then you can
iteratively work your way through it if you are just trying to fix
some particular use case.  It's a lot more trouble if you want to make
sure you have all your bases covered.)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-dev&m=110152770503963&w=2
--
bill-log4j@carpenter.ORG (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119