From Vinodh Srinivasasainagendra <vin...@uab.edu>
Subject RE: Clarification
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:01:10 GMT
See the attached code,

// Set FileAppender

            SimpleLayout layout = new SimpleLayout();

            String fileName = new
File(backupDir.getParent(),"error.log").getAbsolutePath();

            FileAppender appender = new FileAppender(layout, fileName,true);

logger.addAppender(appender);

            logger.setLevel((Level) Level.FATAL);

            Date date = new Date(System.currentTimeMillis());

            logger.fatal(date.toString());

            logger.fatal(message);

Note:

Make sure you give the parent dir to the log file properly.

~vinodh