From "Schuweiler, Joel J." <Schuweiler.J...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: jms appender
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:50:22 GMT
All the options get handled with <param name="" />

One of my biggest gripes with the commercial manual for log4j is that for each of the appenders
they show no property or xml configuration examples which I think is key for people new to
log4j

-----Original Message-----
From: Jubin Thomas Kuriakose [mailto:jubs@integerblr.com]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 8:58 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: jms appender

Hi can anyone give me an example of a jms appender in xml configuration.
I searched a lot and couldnt find any.
I did find a properties file.

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, jms
log4j.appender.jms=org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender
log4j.appender.jms.InitialContextFactoryName=org.jnp.interfaces
.NamingContextFactory
log4j.appender.jms.ProviderURL=jnp://server:1099
log4j.appender.jms.TopicBindingName=topic/testTopic
log4j.appender.jms.TopicConnectionFactoryBindingName=ConnectionFactory

but i would like the xml configuration

any help is a welcome
jubs