From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: SMTPAppender
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:28:46 GMT
It's useful when you want to know via email when a particular event
happened (the triggering event, usually an ERROR of some sort) along
with context logging lines before that triggering event to help you
understand how the code came to that trigger point (hence a buffer
size for this appender)

The SMTPAppender keeps hold of the last X events in the buffer until
the trigger point, then sends the buffer with the trigger event via
email to you.

What is the use case you want to send logging emails to yourself?

Paul