From "Rami Abramson" <rabram...@sharedbook.com>
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:47:10 GMT

Hello all,

We are trying to view remote logs over SSH using Chainsaw v2.
We added the required jars to the chainsaw.bat file so it uses the
VFSLogFilePatternReceiver .
The chainsaw seems to launch fine, and the correct receiver (specified
below) is loaded, yet a new chainsaw tab with the requested file is not
opened.

The reciever's definition is (of course these are not the real user,
password and file-path):
===========================
  <plugin name="ssh-example"
class="org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.vfs.VFSLogFilePatternReceiver">
    <param name="fileURL"
value="sftp://myusername:password@hostname:22/path/to/server.log" />
    <param name="timestampFormat" value="dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
    <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LOGGER LEVEL [THREAD] -
MESSAGE" />
    <param name="tailing" value="true" />
  </plugin>

Using a different SSH tool we verified that the URL is valid and that
the file is transferred over sftp.

What are we missing?

Best regards,

          Yaniv & Rami