From Javier Gonzalez <jagon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j logging to System.out?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:29:02 GMT
Mmm, as I understand it, the additiviy goes up the Logger hierachy, not down.
What (seems to me) you should do is set the additivity if your
application Loggers to false, so that the root Logger doesn't get
application logs.

If you have a Logger foo created with Logger.getLogger(foo) and log a
info message like foo.info("This is an info level log"), foo will log
this message, print it to all attached appenders, and pass the message
along to the parent logger. So you will also get 'This is an info
level log' in your root Logger. If you disable additivity in logger
foo, the message will only be logged to the appenders explicitly
attached to the foo logger, and not in the appenders that are attached
to the root Logger.

(if I'm wrong somebody please correct me :)

Javier Gonzalez Nicolini