From Fran├žois Archambault <francois.archamba...@netappsid.com>
Subject RE: How to use ErrorHandler
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:02:10 GMT
Finally, I've  created my own Appender and it works pretty fine.

Francois Archambault

-----Original Message-----
From: Fran├žois Archambault [mailto:francois.archambault@netappsid.com]
Sent: August 25, 2005 3:27 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: How to use ErrorHandler

Hi,

I am new to Log4j and I am trying to manage all errors that occurs in my application. I would
like to show them in a JList as a list of error.  I am not sure if it is the right way to
do it, but I have implemented org.apache.log4j.spi.ErrorHandler in my class and now I'm trying
to receive logs from it. I have the following properties file :

### direct log messages to stdout ###

log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L - %m%n

==> log4j.appender.stdout.errorHandler=com.netappsid.client.gui.Workbench

log4j.rootLogger=warn, stdout

The pointed line is where I have my problem. I am trying to tell to the appender "stdout"
to dispatch his errors to my Workbench, but I got the following error :

log4j:WARN Failed to set property [errorHandler] to value "com.netappsid.client.gui.Workbench".

I guess I am not using it properly. Can someone help me out on that one ?

Thanks in advance

Francois Archambault