From "Elsberry, Richard C - Eagan, MN - Contractor" <Richard.C.Elsbe...@usps.gov>
Subject Must use relative path for log file
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:45:45 GMT
Hello,

I've spent several hours trying to figure this out with no luck. I need
to be able read a log file for a web application. I don't have access to
the files in production so I've written a servlet that allows me to set
logging levels as well as read the log file. The problem is I need to
use a relative path which doesn't seem to be possible in log4j.  I can't
use environment an variable. This seems to be a solution offered by
others. I did come across one suggestion to use the getRelativePath()
but I don't know how to set this in the log4j.properties file.

Is there a solution for this or even an alternative to log4j if this is
not possible?

Thanks,
Richard C. Elsberry