From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject V1.2.8: RollingFileAppender sometimes loses files when logging across Storage Area Network (SAN)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:41:18 GMT
I wrote about this a few weeks ago, but I've since gotten more specific
information about this problem.

We have a situation where we're using the RollingFileAppender, and
writing to log files on a Storage Area Network (SAN).  We have two
hosts, clustered with Microsoft Clustering, such that only the active
host can see the SAN drive.

What we see is that after a run of tests, where there should be a
consecutive set of log files, there are some missing, both in file name
and content.

We tried doing a similar test, by locating the log files on the local
host, and not on the SAN, and we no longer see this problem.

So, is there some aspect of the RollingFileAppender that might be
configurable to help alleviate this?  Is there a different Appender that
might not be susceptible to this?