From Clemens Eisserer <linuxhi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compile error with GCJ
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:20:44 GMT
Hi Curt,

> It appears that your compilation failure is in Jakarta Commons
> Logging (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons) and not log4j.  Jakarta
> Commons Logging would reference org.apache.log4j.Category but would
> not provide it and the messages appear to be consistent with not
> having log4j on your compile path.

Thank for clearing this up ... seems I completly misunderstood some
things. But it seems I know get how projects are related.

Hmm, it seems I am out of luck, when I try to just compile log4j to
shared library GCJ seems to be fairly angry:

[ce@lukihost PalmeNG]$ gcj log4j-1.2.11.jar -shared -o log4j.so
org/apache/log4j/AsyncAppender.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender.close()' overrides static method
org/apache/log4j/AsyncAppender.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender.requiresLayout()' overrides static
method
org/apache/log4j/BasicConfigurator.java: In class
`org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator':
org/apache/log4j/BasicConfigurator.java: In method
`org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator.configure()':
org/apache/log4j/PatternLayout.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.activateOptions()' overrides static
method
org/apache/log4j/WriterAppender.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.close()' overrides static method
org/apache/log4j/WriterAppender.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.WriterAppender.requiresLayout()' overrides static
method
org/apache/log4j/HTMLLayout.class: At top level:
org/apache/log4j/HTMLLayout.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.HTMLLayout.activateOptions()' overrides static
method
org/apache/log4j/SimpleLayout.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout.activateOptions()' overrides static
method
org/apache/log4j/helpers/DateLayout.java:0: Fehler: non-static method
'org.apache.log4j.helpers.DateLayout.activateOptions()' overrides
static method
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java: In class
`org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.LoadXMLAction':
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java: In constructor
`(javax.swing.JFrame,org.apache.log4j.chainsaw.MyTableModel)':
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java:52: Fehler: cannot find
file for class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java:52: Fehler: cannot find
file for class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java:52: Fehler: cannot find
file for class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java:77: Fehler: cannot find
file for class javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
org/apache/log4j/chainsaw/LoadXMLAction.java:77: durch frühere Fehler
verwirrt,Abbruch

However its still 3.4.2 so maybe it will work after updating my gcj to
4.0. Or maybe I'll even have to hack commons-logging to not use log4j
:-(

Thanks for all the patience, lg Clemens