From Hein Meling <mel...@acm.org>
Subject Inheriting configuration
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:24:46 GMT
Hi

Is it possible to inherit (import) configuration from one log4j-main.xml
to another?

Say for example, you want to define a common set of appenders, and also
some common loggers, but for some subproject you want to define specific
loggers only for that subproject's log4j-subproj.xml file.

If a particular logger is define in both log4j-*.xml files, I assume the
subproject version would override the loggers in log4j-main.xml.

Is this possible?  If so, how can I do it?

I'm currently using log4j v1.3alpha3.  Eagerly awaiting alpha7 ;-)

Thanks,

Hein